HELPING NONPROFITS MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Nonprofit volunteering is an important way for individuals to make a difference.
- Employee & Group volunteering connects people in novel ways, and can help alleviate boredom during Covid.
- Volunteer Galway.ie is an active volunteer support service which we can support and augment. Let’s do so.
- Volunteer Galway and Charities can educate us as to how best to support them in emerging from Covid.
- Some volunteering is event-based (eg stewarding events) or fundraising-focused. Much of this is curtailed by Covid.
- We need to do what we can under current constraints, while preparing for even greater impact later.
- Volunteering opportunities are constrained because of Covid-19 - but we can still volunteer from home.
- Even simple & informal supports, such as committing to consistently & creatively promote a charity online, can make a huge difference.
- Let’s first engage with charities & with Volunteer Galway, and support them as best as can.
- What ideas can we, the WeCanGalway community, bring to the table? What additional initiatives can work now that we have WeCanGalway?
- Share your best ideas in the community (link below)and let’s begin!
WeCanGalway is funded by our Corporate Sponsors to empower their teams & communities to transform lives, society & the planet.
From the Community
- About the Volunteering category February 22, 2021(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters.) Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules: Why should people use this category? What is it for? How […]